Thursday, October 31, 2013

Design Brief

      The Army is having trouble delivering arms and medical supplies to some freedom fighters in South America. The cargo they drop either breaks or lands upside down. So the Army has hired me to build a device that implements directional control and impact absorption but the trick is that I only have $50 as a budget
     The thing that I liked the most about this project is the story behind it. I've been dreaming of being an engineer my whole life so doing this project really fun. Unfortunately my project was a failure because it did land right but the egg still broke. The basket caring the egg was a little too low and there was no parachute because we had no more money in our budget. I believe that if the whole design could be changed to a less expensive model the we could have achieved accomplished our mission. I don't think that having a different partner would have altered the situation we worked really well and I'm glad he was my partner. 
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment